Edison, IGP Garner Torrente La Vella Permit
Milan-based Edison S.p.A. and Intergas Piu S.r.l. (IGP) have won a new Italian exploration permit, Torrente La Vella. Edison is the operator with a 60-percent interest. IGP, a unit of Mediterreanean Oil & Gas Plc, owns the remaining 40%.
The permit is located onshore southern Italy in the area where IGP owns and operates the Monte Verdese, S. Teodoro, and Scanzano production concessions and the Masseria Gaudella exploration permit. The new permit covers 9.65 square kilometers and lies within the Basilicata region.
The Edison and IGP joint venture is planning to re-process previously acquired seismic data and, upon confirmation of an already identified prospect, drill one exploratory well for gas-bearing targets.
“The company is working to continually renew and balance its Italian portfolio mix of exploration and production assets,” said Giovanni Catalano, Mediterranean’s director. “The recent award of the Torrente La Vella permit is a perfect fit with that strategy.”
- Total, Edison Get Greek Go-Ahead For Oil And Gas Exploration (Feb 28)
- Louisiana LNG Project Gains European Customer (Sep 27)
- Sources: Total-Led Consortium Bids for Greek Offshore Gas Drilling Block (Feb 05)
Company: Mediterranean Oil & Gas more info
- Rockhopper 'Well Placed' to Take Advantage of Low Oil Price (Sep 15)
- Hagar Qim Rig Completes Drilling (Jul 09)
- Eni Sees Further Problems at Guendalina Field (Jun 19)