Perenco Confirms Davy East Discovery in UK North Sea
Perenco has successfully drilled its Davy East appraisal well in block 53/5b in the UK Southern North Sea.
The 53/5b-7 well involved the placement of a 2400ft long sub-horizontal completion in the Leman Sandstone reservoir and the installation of a sand control system. The well was completed with sub-sea tree and flow tested at a controlled rate of 48 mmscfd (8000boepd). Reservoir data obtained from the well are sufficiently encouraging to confirm the immediate development of the field.
The Davy East Field lies 5 km SE of the Perenco operated Davy platform with its established export route to the Indefatigable Field and the Bacton Terminal operated by Perenco. It is planned to develop Davy East via a 6" pipeline to Davy with first gas expected later this year, subject to the necessary consents.
A number of similar satellite appraisal/development opportunities exist in the area of the Davy hub. The results of the latest well will be incorporated into the study of these prospects with a view to further drilling in 2006-7
The 53/5b partners are Perenco UK Ltd (60%, Operator) and Centrica Resources Ltd, a subsidiary of Centrica plc (40%).
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Reports: Offshore Gas Worker Dies in North Sea Incident (Dec 07)
- BP: Potential Gas Play Could Open Up New Phase of North Sea Development (Dec 06)
- Golar, Perenco Reach Agreement on Commercial Terms of Cameroon FLNG Project (Jul 01)
Company: Centrica PLC more info
- Sharp Fall In Applications For Norway's Arctic Oil Permits (Dec 05)
- Drilling of Well at Fogelberg Gas Discovery to Start in Feb/March -Centrica (Sep 01)
- Centrica Merges Oil Business with Bayerngas to Tap Younger Fields (Jul 17)