Perupetro to Sign 3 Exploration Contracts July 14
Peru's hydrocarbons promotions agency Perupetro will sign three exploration contracts on July 14 with US oil company Barrett Resources, local firm Petro-Tech Peruana and Ireland's Pan Andean Resources (LSX: PRE), a Perupetro spokesperson told BNamericas, confirming press reports.
The agency will sign a contract with Barrett Resources for the exploration of block 121 in Loreto department's Maranon basin, according to local press.
Barrett will invest some US$45mn in the seven-year exploration phase of the block, including 2-D seismic studies and the drilling of exploratory wells, BNamericas previously reported.
Also on July 14, Perupetro will sign a contract with Petro-Tech Peruana for exploration of block Z-36 on Peru's northern coast. The third contract that day will be penned with Pan Andean Resources for exploration of block 114 in the Ucayali basin.
Information regarding the second and third contracts was not immediately available.
Perupetro also announced it is evaluating requests from other companies for six oil exploration contracts, local press reported.
Visit BNamericas to access our real-time news reports, 7-year archive, Fact File company database, and latest research reports. Click here for a Free two week trial to our Latin America Oil & Gas information service.
- Pan Andean Makes Headway at Peruvian Ucayali Blocks (Jun 18)
- Seismic Acquisition Under Way over Block 114 in Peruvian Jungle (May 19)
- Pan Andean Commences Survey over Block 141 in Titicaca Basin (May 15)
Company: Petro-Tech more info
- Perupetro to Sign Three Exploration Contracts (Jul 14)
- Perupetro to Sign 3 Exploration Contracts July 14 (Jul 05)
- Offshore International Group Announces Peruvian Discovery (Jun 10)
Company: Perupetro more info
- Peru Says Will Cut Royalties In Current Oil Contracts By July (Feb 03)
- Peru To Cut Oil, Gas Royalties To 5% To Counter Price Slump (Nov 11)
- Government: Peru's Biggest Oil Block Fails to Receive Any Bids (Aug 05)