ConocoPhillips Completes Rockies Express Acquisition
ConocoPhillips said it has completed the acquisition of a partial interest in the planned 1,663-mile Rockies Express Pipeline (REX) project.
The $4 billion-plus pipeline—a joint venture of Kinder Morgan Energy Partners, Sempra Pipelines and Storage, and ConocoPhillips—will be one of the largest natural gas pipelines ever constructed in North America, according to Randy L. Limbacher, executive vice president, exploration and production--Americas, for Houston-based ConocoPhillips.
"We believe this project is a strategic addition to our natural gas business and will provide ConocoPhillips and others a long-term outlet for delivering Rocky Mountain production to the upper Midwest and Eastern United States," Limbacher said.
ConocoPhillips on Friday acquired a 24-percent interest in the project with an additional 1-percent interest scheduled to be acquired after pipeline construction completion.
Limbacher said the planned route of the pipeline will run from the Cheyenne Hub in Weld County, Colo., to the Clarington Hub in eastern Ohio. ConocoPhillips will move natural gas production on the pipeline in addition to being an interest owner.
Interim service has begun on the first phase of the four-segment pipeline. Pending regulatory approvals, the next two segments are expected to be in service by January 2007 and January 2008, respectively. The final segment is expected to be in interim service as early as January 2009 and fully completed by June 2009.
- Top Canadian Court Quashes City's Challenge Of Trans Mountain Pipeline (Aug 23)
- Canada's Govt May Need to Pay More to Expand Trans Mountain (Aug 08)
- Canada's Takeover of Trans Mountain Pipeline to Close in Late 2018 -Proxy (Aug 07)
Company: ConocoPhillips more info
- ConocoPhillips Strikes First Oil at New Alaska Site (Oct 10)
- ConocoPhillips to Divest Timor Sea Acreage (Oct 01)
- KBR, ConocoPhillips to Develop Off-the-Shelf LNG Tech (Sep 18)
Company: Sempra Energy more info
- Mexico's IEnova To Invest $130MM In Baja California Fuel Terminal (Apr 12)
- TransCanada Wins Mexico Pipeline Auction as Sempra Disqualified (Apr 08)
- US Approves Exports From Sempra's Cameron LNG Terminal (Feb 11)