ConocoPhillips Completes Rockies Express Acquisition
ConocoPhillips said it has completed the acquisition of a partial interest in the planned 1,663-mile Rockies Express Pipeline (REX) project.
The $4 billion-plus pipeline—a joint venture of Kinder Morgan Energy Partners, Sempra Pipelines and Storage, and ConocoPhillips—will be one of the largest natural gas pipelines ever constructed in North America, according to Randy L. Limbacher, executive vice president, exploration and production--Americas, for Houston-based ConocoPhillips.
"We believe this project is a strategic addition to our natural gas business and will provide ConocoPhillips and others a long-term outlet for delivering Rocky Mountain production to the upper Midwest and Eastern United States," Limbacher said.
ConocoPhillips on Friday acquired a 24-percent interest in the project with an additional 1-percent interest scheduled to be acquired after pipeline construction completion.
Limbacher said the planned route of the pipeline will run from the Cheyenne Hub in Weld County, Colo., to the Clarington Hub in eastern Ohio. ConocoPhillips will move natural gas production on the pipeline in addition to being an interest owner.
Interim service has begun on the first phase of the four-segment pipeline. Pending regulatory approvals, the next two segments are expected to be in service by January 2007 and January 2008, respectively. The final segment is expected to be in interim service as early as January 2009 and fully completed by June 2009.
- Permian Still Booming Despite Hurdles (Mar 07)
- LNG Expands Reach Through Virtual Pipelines (Mar 06)
- Top Canadian Court Quashes City's Challenge Of Trans Mountain Pipeline (Aug 23)
Company: ConocoPhillips more info
- Repsol Makes Gas Discovery in Indonesia (Feb 20)
- ConocoPhillips Contracts Rowan Jackup (Jan 10)
- ConocoPhillips Plans for $6.1B Capital Spend in 2019 (Dec 10)
Company: Sempra Energy more info
- Sempra Energy Sells US Natural Gas Storage Facilities (Jan 03)
- Total May Source LNG from Louisiana and Baja Projects (Nov 05)
- Mexico's IEnova To Invest $130MM In Baja California Fuel Terminal (Apr 12)