Mariner Energy Reports Pending Management Change
Mariner Energy, Inc. said Thursday that Rick G. Lester, its vice president and chief financial officer, has announced his desire to leave the company in the near future in order to pursue personal interests. Lester plans to continue in his current role through approximately August 15, 2006, and may continue thereafter on a consulting basis in order to facilitate a smooth transition. Mariner has commenced a search for his successor.
Lester joined the company in October 2004. "Rick joined Mariner at a critical point in its history, only a few months prior to the March 2005 private placement of our common stock,” said Scott D. Josey, Mariner’s chairman, CEO, and president. “He then played a key role in the consummation of our recent merger transaction with Forest Oil Corp., after which Mariner became a New York Stock Exchange-listed company. We appreciate Rick's contributions to the company and wish him the very best in his future endeavors."
Mariner Energy, Inc. is an independent oil and gas exploration, development and production company with principal operations in the Gulf of Mexico and West Texas.
- BOEMRE Deems Heater-Treater Cause of Vermilion Fire (May 25)
- Apache Releases Earnings Consideration Elections (Nov 15)
- Apache Finalizes $800MM Merger with Mariner (Nov 10)
Company: Forest Oil more info
- Forest Oil to Put Texas Panhandle Properties Up For Sale (Jul 15)
- Forest Oil Partners with Schlumberger on Eagle Ford Shale Land (Apr 12)
- Forest Oil to Sell South Texas Assets Excluding Eagle Ford (Jan 03)