Nexen Hits Milestone at Buzzard
Nexen Inc. said that it has achieved a significant milestone for the Buzzard project in the U.K. sector of the North Sea. The production deck and the living quarters and utilities deck, together with the two connecting bridges and the flare boom, have been successfully installed onto the structural legs.
The production deck weighing approximately 12,000 tonnes, was constructed by Dragados Offshore in Puerto Real, Spain. The quarters and utilities deck weighs approximately 11,000 tonnes and was constructed by Heerema in Hartlepool, U.K. The bridges and flare were constructed by Aker Kvaerner in Verdal, Norway. The installation was carried out by the Saipem S7000 heavy lift vessel. The Buzzard facility is designed to process up to 200,000 barrels of oil per day and 60 million cubic feet of gas per day.
"This is a major milestone for this world-class project," said Charlie Fischer, Nexen's president and CEO. "With successful completion of this installation, final hook-up and commissioning of the facility underway, we remain on-schedule for first production late this year."
Nexen has a 43.2% operated working interest in Buzzard. Other co-venturers include Petro-Canada (29.9%), BG Group (21.7%), and Edinburgh Oil and Gas (5.2%).
Nexen Inc. is an independent, Canadian-based global energy company, listed on the Toronto and New York stock exchanges under the symbol NXY. The company is positioned for growth in the North Sea, deepwater Gulf of Mexico, the Athabasca oil sands of Alberta, the Middle East, and offshore West Africa.
- Kvaerner Sees Rising Revenues, Better Margins in 4Q (Feb 14)
- Reliance Fires Up Gas Production from India's KG-D6 Block (Apr 02)
- Sonardyne Snags Life-of-Field Contract for Petrobras' Cascade, Chinook (Feb 18)
Company: Nexen, Inc. more info
- Alberta Regulators Charge Nexen Energy Over 2015 Pipeline Spill (Jul 06)
- Cenovus Drops Most Ever as $13.3 Billion Deal Ramps Up Risks (Mar 30)
- UKCS Oil, Gas Extraction Drops 10% (Dec 08)
Company: Saipem more info
- Offshore Egypt Project to Start New Phase (Dec 20)
- Arctic LNG Contract Goes to Saipem (Dec 19)
- Saipem-led JV Wins Contract for LNG Project in Nigeria (Jul 13)
Company: Dragados more info
- Dragados Awards Bay of Campeche Subcontracts (Apr 07)
- ITT Provides Offshore Platform Equipment to Mexico's Dragados (Nov 23)
- PEP Taps Dragados for ZAAP-C Platform in Mexico's GOM (Sep 15)
Company: Hereema Marine Contractors more info
- Schlumberger Supplies Subsea System to HMC Offshore Angola (Nov 23)
- Dockwise's Owners Agree to 3i Buyout (Dec 26)
- Ward Joins INTEC as Technical Advisor (Nov 08)