Ability Group Wins Frigg Inspection Contract from Total
Ability Group ASA has entered into an agreement with Total E&P Norge AS for inspection and engineering services on the Frigg field. The 30-month contract also covers an installation in the British sector. The expected total value of the contract is NOK 15-20 million, including options for extension.
This is the first inspection agreement AGR has signed with Total. It is also the company's only inspection assignment that entails regular inspection of a fixed installation on the British Shelf.
"A very interesting contract for AGR, because it expands our customer base but particularly because it cracks open the door to the British Shelf," says Kjell Peder Toft, inspection manager in AGR.
The 30-month contract also includes an option for up to two additional years.
AGR's wholly-owned subsidiary, AGR EmiTeam AS, is the formal contracting party. Together with AGR PipeTech AS, the company makes up the Inspection and Maintenance Services business unit.
- Oil CEOs Jostle for Global Natgas Crown Under Putin's Gaze (Oct 04)
- Uganda Expects to Miss Target for First Oil (Sep 24)
- Total Joins Tullow-operated Block Offshore Guyana (Sep 13)
Company: Ability Group ASA more info
- Ability Group Wins $8 Million Shell Contract (Feb 05)
- Ithaca Energy Secures Drilling Rig for Athena Project (Nov 26)
- AGR Group to Begin Two New North Sea Drilling Programs in 2007 (Nov 21)