PHI Wins Five-Year Contract from Shell
PHI, Inc. has been awarded a five-year contract to provide helicopter services for Shell Exploration & Production Company in the U.S. Gulf of Mexico, an extension of a 57 year relationship. The contract is for seven new Sikorsky S76C++ medium aircraft and two new EC135 light twin aircraft as they are delivered, along with other aircraft as required. These aircraft will primarily support Shell's expanding deepwater projects.
In addition, the Company was also awarded a multi-year contract with the National Science Foundation to support their program in Antarctica. Bell 212 medium aircraft and Eurocopter AS350 light aircraft will support this work under the same format as the prior ten-year program.
Al A. Gonsoulin Chairman/CEO of PHI said, "These contract awards are a direct result of great customer support, our commitment to safety, service and validates our investment in our employees and new equipment."
PHI provides helicopter transportation and related services to a broad range of customers including the oil and gas industry, air medical programs and the third-party maintenance business. PHI Common Stock is traded on The Nasdaq National Market System (symbols PHII and PHIIK).
Operates 29 Offshore Rigs
- UK Firm Intertek Says Employee Involved in Shell Oil Theft Case (Jan 17)
- Shell Looks Beyond Road Fuels to Secure Future of Refining (Nov 06)
- API Panel Member: Voluntary Methane Program Forthcoming (Oct 06)
Company: PHI Helicopter more info
- PHI to Form JV in Brazil (May 04)
- PHI CEO Awarded MMS Offshore Leadership Award (May 07)
- PHI Reports Loss for 2006 (Mar 16)