Statoil Gets Okay to Drill Exploration Well on License 314
Statoil ASA has received consent to carry out exploration drilling using the West Alpha semisub. The consent applies to appraisal well 6406/3-7, which is part of production license 314.
The plan is to start the drilling activity after completion of drill well 6506/11-8, estimated at the beginning of July 2006.
The drilling activity is expected to take 92 days. An additional approx. 40 days may be needed for production testing. After the drilling operation is complete, the well will be permanently plugged.
The rig received an Acknowledgement of Compliance (AoC) in December 2001.
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Statoil May Build Onshore Terminal for Castberg Oil -Minister (Jan 16)
- Canadian Offshore Oil Interest Grows As Pipeline Woes Sink Alberta Prices (Dec 20)
- Sharp Fall In Applications For Norway's Arctic Oil Permits (Dec 05)
Company: Petroleum Safety Authority Norway more info
- Watchdog: Cost Cuts Appear To Harm Norway Oil Industry Safety (Feb 20)
- Norway To Investigate Oil Industry Safety After Accidents Rise (Nov 29)
- PSA Asks Statoil Whether Recent Incidents Related To Cost Cutting (Oct 26)
Company: Seadrill Ltd more info
- Norway's Seadrill Gets Two Rival Debt Restructuring Proposals (Oct 23)
- Seadrill's Debt Overhaul Faces Creditor Scrutiny (Oct 02)
- Seadrill Files for Bankruptcy in Bid to Shrink Debt Burden (Sep 13)