Hydro Extends Contract with Bideford Dolphin
Hydro has signed a letter of intent for a three-year contract with Fred. Olsen Energy ASA for the prolonged use of the drilling rig Bideford Dolphin from January 2008 to January 2011.
Hydro is the operator of several new discoveries and subsea developments requiring rig capacity for drilling of production wells. This agreement allows Hydro to pursue an ambitious production drilling program on the Norwegian continental shelf in the coming years.
The value of the contract for the period 2008 to 2011 is NOK 2.9 billion.
The contract is subject to partner approval.
Bideford Dolphin semisub is currently drilling production wells for Hydro.
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Sentry Petroleum Appoints Former Norsk Hydro Analyst to Board of Directors (Dec 29)
- Hydro Under Investigation for Former Libya Oil Operations (Oct 07)
- SeaBird First Contract Award for SeaBed Operations (Apr 28)
Company: Fred, Olsen ASA more info
- Fred. Olsen Energy Says Lossmaking Contract Levels Persist (Feb 16)
- Norwegian Oil Drillers Call in Mediator after Wage Talks Fail (May 22)
- Norway's Fred. Olsen Energy Sees Tough Rig Market Ahead (Oct 28)
Company: Dolphin Drilling more info
Manages 7 Offshore Rigs
- Anadarko Terminates Drilling Contract for Belford Dolphin Drillship (Mar 16)
- Cairn Postpones Spanish Point Drill Due to Rig Delays (Jul 09)
- Newbuild Bolette Dolphin Drillship Unveils in South Korea (Jun 20)