Norway's PSA Gives Okay for Ekofisk J Modifications
The Petroleum Safety Authority Norway (PSA) has granted ConocoPhillips Skandinavia AS consent to implement a major modification of Ekofisk J. The consent applies to installation and use of a water treatment plant.
To reduce discharge of environmentally harmful components in produced water on Ekofisk, the company will install and use a new module for treating produced water using CTour technology.
The module is being built at Leirvik Module Technology AS on Stord and will be installed using Heerema's heavy lift crane vessel Thialf.
Operates 12 Offshore Rigs
- ConocoPhillips Vows Financial Discipline As Aims To Boost Output (Nov 08)
- ConocoPhillips' Profit Beats Estimates, But Budget Cut 10% (Oct 26)
- Most US Gulf Oil Output Offline Ahead of Tropical Storm Nate (Oct 06)
Company: Petroleum Safety Authority Norway more info
- Watchdog: Cost Cuts Appear To Harm Norway Oil Industry Safety (Feb 20)
- Norway To Investigate Oil Industry Safety After Accidents Rise (Nov 29)
- PSA Asks Statoil Whether Recent Incidents Related To Cost Cutting (Oct 26)