SeaDrill Orders Another Tender Rig
SeaDrill has entered into an agreement with Malaysia Marine & Heavy Engineering Sdn Bnd to build a new self-erecting tender rig, T-11.
The new barge unit is scheduled for delivery in the fourth quarter 2008. The estimated US$100 million capital expenditure is includes the derrick equipment set. Seadrill's ownership share is 100 percent.
The tender rig will be based on a similar design and same specifications as SeaDrill's T-10, with enhanced drilling capabilities allowing for parallel activities and high drilling efficiency. The new unit will be particularly well suited for production drilling in selected shallow and deepwater areas.
"This investment reinforces our position as the leading tender rig operator and will further expand our activities in one of the fastest-growing energy markets in the world," said SeaDrill CEO Kjell E Jacobsen.
- Norway's Seadrill Gets Two Rival Debt Restructuring Proposals (Oct 23)
- Seadrill's Debt Overhaul Faces Creditor Scrutiny (Oct 02)
- Seadrill Files for Bankruptcy in Bid to Shrink Debt Burden (Sep 13)
Company: Malaysia Marine & Heavy Engineering Sdn Bnd more info
- MHB MD/CEO Abu Fitri Abdul Jalil Leaves Company After Recall by PETRONAS (Mar 30)
- Malaysian-French Engineering for Petronas Projects (Jun 27)
- Petronas Awards 15 Contracts to Local Fabricators for Malaysian Projects (Oct 23)