Aker Kvaerner Wins Drilling Equipment Contract from Samsung
Samsung Heavy Industries Co. Ltd. has awarded Aker Kvaerner a contract for delivery of a new drilling rig system to Eastern Drilling's West E-Drill project. The contract value is approximately NOK 700 million. The project will start immediately at Aker Kvaerner's subsidiary Aker Kvaerner MH, with delivery of the drilling equipment package in the second half of 2007.
"We are pleased that Samsung Heavy Industries has awarded us this contract, which confirms our leading market position in the deep water segment. Furthermore, we continue the growth in the drilling equipment segment, and it supports our unique RamRig technology", says Roald Amundsen, President of Aker Kvaerner MH."
The new contract was an option in a contract Aker Kvaerner MH signed with Samsung in June 2005, and the scope is similar for both contracts. The drilling system will be a highly efficient system designed for parallel operations and operation at remote locations.
- Kvaerner Sees Rising Revenues, Better Margins in 4Q (Feb 14)
- Reliance Fires Up Gas Production from India's KG-D6 Block (Apr 02)
- Sonardyne Snags Life-of-Field Contract for Petrobras' Cascade, Chinook (Feb 18)
Company: Samsung Heavy Industries (SHI) more info
- Samsung Wins Mad Dog 2 Fabrication Contract (Jan 05)
- After 20,000 Job Cuts, World's Top Shipyards Brace for More (Oct 26)
- South Korean Yards Restructure, Trim Workforce (Sep 08)
Company: Eastern Drilling ASA more info
- Eastern Drilling Moves to Delist from Oslo Exchange (Jun 08)
- Seadrill Now Controls Nearly All Eastern Shares, Votes (May 21)
- Seadrill Ups Stake in Eastern Drilling (May 16)