Tap Oil to Drill Third Amulet Sidetrack Well
Tap Oil reports that preparations were underway to drill a third sidetrack well from Amulet-1, named Amulet-3, to further appraise the Amulet oil discovery.
The Amulet-3 side track well is anticipated to take approximately 3 days to reach its planned total depth. The well is designed to investigate the eastern extent of the upper oil bearing sand discovered in Amulet-2 as reported on June 14, 2006. It will further establish if there are additional oil bearing sands in that direction
A large amount of data has become available within a short time since the Amulet-1 discovery. The drilling of the second sidetrack well (Amulet-3) provides the opportunity to gain additional timely information on the up-dip extent of this discovery.
The Amulet oil field discovery is located in Production License WA-8-L, in the Dampier Sub-basin, of Western Australia, 34 kilometers north-west of the Legendre oil field and production facilities.
WA-8-L participants are Tap (Shelfal) Pty Ltd as well manager with 20%; Santos Limited as permit operator with 37.3684% and Kufpec Australia Pty Ltd with 42.6316%.
- Australia's Santos Profit Soars, Flags China LNG Sales Push (Feb 21)
- Santos Seen Luring More Bids After Rejecting $7.2 Billion Offer (Nov 16)
- Australia's Santos Steps Up Effort To Avert LNG Export Curb (Aug 30)
Company: Tap Oil more info
- Mubadala Completes Drilling MNA-17 Well in the Manora Field Off Thailand (Sep 16)
- Quadrant Fails to Find Hydrocarbons at Driftwood-1 Well in Carnarvon Basin (Aug 16)
- Quadrant Spuds Driftwood-1 Well in Permit WA-320-P in Carnarvon Basin (Aug 02)
Company: Kuwait Foreign Petroleum Exploration Co. (KUFPEC) more info
- Shell Cancels Sale Of Thai Gas Field Stakes To Kuwait's KUFPEC (Oct 04)
- PETRONAS Awards SK410B PSC Offshore Malaysia to PTTEP-led JV (Jul 22)
- Chevron Signs Up Australia's Alinta To Buy Gas From Wheatstone (Apr 19)