Talisman Completes Krabbe Appraisal
Talisman Energy Norge AS, operator of production license PL 301, has finished the appraisal well 7/8-5 S.
The appraisal well 7/8-5 S was drilled 2 km southeast of the 7/8-3 Krabbe discovery well in sandstones of Jurassic age.
The objective of the well was to appraise the size of the discovery in exploration well 7/8-3. The well was drilled in 81 meters of water to a total depth of 4,168 meters below the rotary table.
Development of Krabbe is currently being evaluated, along with the Mime Field, which is planned to be appraised later in 2006. The Mime Field, which was operated by Hydro, was closed down in 1993. Mime is located in the southern part of the Norwegian North Sea, west of the Ula-Gyda area.
The appraisal well has been suspended as a potential future water injector.
The well was drilled with Maersk Giant, which will now move on to drill a production well on Varg.
The licensees in PL 301 are Talisman Energy Norge AS (operator) 60.00% and DONG Norge AS 40.00%.
Operates 5 Offshore Rigs
Manages 23 Offshore Rigs
- Maersk to Limit Investment in Energy Businesses until Separation (Dec 13)
- Maersk Oil Begins Culzean Drilling Campaign (Sep 29)
- Maersk Highlander Ready for Action (Aug 19)
Company: Talisman Energy more info
Operates 8 Offshore Rigs
- Strong Upstream Performance from European Majors (Jul 28)
- PETRONAS, PetroVietnam Extend PM3CAA PSC in Malaysia-Vietnam Waters to 2027 (May 10)
- Repsol Significantly Scales Back Upstream Investment (Oct 15)