Hallin Marine Awarded Contracts Valued at US $4.3 Million
Hallin Marine has been awarded two new contracts with a combined value of a minimum of US $4.3 million.
Hallin Marine has been awarded a one month contract valued at US $2.5 million for diving support of a subsea pipeline installation off Thailand for local energy major PTT and a US $1.8 underwater repair and maintenance contract by Premier Oil for its gas field off Indonesia.
The main contractor for the Thailand project, Hyundai Heavy Industries (HHI), awarded the contract to Hallin, which has taken the Diving Support Vessel, Gulmar Condor, on hire under a standard charter agreement to utilise it as a platform for Hallin Marines' Saturation Diving System and Remote Operated Vehicle ("ROV").
The contract may be extended for up to a further two months by HHI.
The second contract Hallin has secured is an Underwater Repair and Maintenance contract for Premier Oil's Anoa Field in the Natuna Sea.
PT Hallin Marine Indonesia, Hallin's recently established wholly-owned subsidiary, secured the base contract that is valued at US $1.8 million for the supply and operation of a DP1 Vessel, a Workclass ROV, together with intervention services with offshore works, and will start within the next few weeks.
John Giddens, Chief Executive of Hallin Marine, said:
"We are delighted with these major contract awards. These are excellent project wins in themselves and both will produce real progress, in different ways, for our company. The charter of the Gulmar Condor will strengthen our capability and the second contract win for our newly established office in Jakarta, Indonesian is a great step forward.
"The HHI contract continues to build on our strong relationship with Hyundai. The Gulmar Condor, which we are taking on charter for the Hyundai work off of Thailand, is an excellent diving support vessel ideally suited to our requirements
. "The Premier Oil contract is another success for our new Indonesian subsidiary. The works are to be carried out in Premier's Anoa Field which are Gas producing facilities offshore in the Natuna Sea supplying Singapore via the West Natuna Transport System Pipeline.
"Premier Oil is a highly respected oil operator and we are pleased to secure our second subsea contract with Premier and look forward to working with them once again."
Operates 3 Offshore Rigs
- Ecuador to Offer Oil Blocks Under New Bidding Terms in Jan (Oct 06)
- ExxonMobil Says Will Drop Discussions Over Indonesia's East Natuna (Jul 18)
- Hydrocarbons Encountered at Te Giac Trang Field Offshore Vietnam (Dec 20)
Company: Premier Oil more info
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- European Oil Producers' Weak Hedging Shows Bet on Price Rebound (Jul 31)
- Mexico Oil Privatization Pays Off With Billion-Barrel Find (Jul 12)
- Premier Oil Expects Weak Pound To Help Bottom Line (Jan 12)
Company: Hallin Marine more info
- Hallin Completes Replacement of Mooring Lines for FPSO HYSY111 in China (Aug 26)
- Hallin Supports Subsea 7 in Offshore Installation Work in Bay of Bengal (Apr 17)
- Hallin Marine Completes Subsea Project at Thailand's Bualuang Oil Field (Feb 28)