BG Group Enters Madagascar with Farm-in Agreement
BG Group has acquired a 30 percent interest in the Majunga Offshore Profond exploration block in Madagascar under a farm-in agreement with Vanco Madagascar Limited. This agreement marks BG's entry into the country.
BG Group Executive Vice President for the Mediterranean Basin and Africa, Stuart Fysh, said: "The Majunga block forms part of a largely unexplored frontier basin with significant potential."
BG's partners in the block are ExxonMobil Exploration and Production Madagascar Majunga Limited (operator, 50 percent) and SK Corporation of Korea (20 percent).
The forward work program includes the drilling of an exploration well planned for early 2007. The Majunga Offshore Profond Block, which covers an area of approximately 15,840 square kilometers, is located in deep water (depths ranging from 200 to 3000 meters) off north western Madagascar, approximately 100 kilometers from Mahajanga, between latitudes 14 degrees S and 15 degrees 30S.
- Venezuela Will Remap its Caribbean Oil, Gas Prospects (Jan 09)
- Offshore Guyana Wildcat Spuds (Jan 07)
- Venezuela Unites (For Once) Around Guyana (Dec 27)
Company: BG Group more info
- Shell Mulls LNG-Hub Network as Use by Ships and Trucks Expands (Jul 11)
- Tanzania Laws Would Allow Govt to Tear Up Mining, Energy Deals (Jun 29)
- Despite Cuts, Big Oil to Expand Production into the 2020s (Sep 05)
Company: SK Corp. more info
- Chevron Inks Gorgon LNG Supply Agreement with SK LNG Trading (Jan 21)
- Peru to Sign 20 Hydrocarbon Exploration Contracts in '10 (Dec 28)
- Yellow Lion Field Fires Up Production Offshore Vietnam (Oct 27)
Company: Vanco Energy more info
- Vanco Wraps Up Drilling Ops at Jandaia Well (Dec 27)
- Vanco Spuds Sabia Well Offshore Brazil (Jul 09)
- Vanco Exploration CEO Resigns (Mar 07)