Norse Energy Says Second Manati Production Well Complete
Norse Energy Corp, in partnership with Petrobras (Operator) and Queiroz Galvao Perfuracao, reports that the drilling of the second production well on Manati has reached a total depth of 1659m.
The logging is completed and shows a gross pay of 233m, being 46m more gas column compared with the discovery well. Net pay is considered around 80% of gross pay. Such extra gross pay of gas is very encouraging in respect to the recoverable field total reserves. The drilling platform will stay on the location to complete the well for production.
The second and last module of the production facilities has been transported and is ready to be installed on the offshore jacket.
Overall, the Manati development project is proceeding as planned to accomplish a 3Q 2006 production start-up.
Operates 34 Offshore Rigs
Manages 10 Offshore Rigs
- Exxon, Petrobras Form Alliance To Develop Oil, Gas Projects (Dec 14)
- Natural Gas In Petrobras Pipelines Up About 23% In 2017 (Dec 05)
- Petrobras CEO Says To Discuss Refining Partnership With CNPC CEO (Nov 15)
Company: Queiroz Galvao more info
Manages 2 Offshore Rigs
- Karoon Contracts Olinda Star Semisub for Drilling in Brazil's Santos Basin (Dec 24)
- QGEP Says Brazil Manati Field Holds 477 Bcf of Gas (Aug 13)
- Mayor: Petrobras Close to Suspending Contract for Two Platforms (Jun 09)
Company: Norse Energy more info
- Norse Set to Sell New York Assets (Jun 20)
- New York Landowners Sue Norse Energy USA Over Leases (May 20)
- Norse Energy Sees Increase in Reserves, Resources (Feb 21)