CHC to Provide New Aircraft to Support Petrobras Ops
CHC Helicopter has won, through BHS- Brazilian Helicopter Services Taxi Aereo (BHS), a new 5-year contract for the provision of eight Sikorsky S-76C+ helicopters in support of Petrobras' operations offshore Brazil. The addition of these new aircraft doubles the size of the CHC fleet in Brazil to 16 aircraft on contract.
The Petrobras contract is expected to commence in January 2007, with the aircraft phased in over an 8-month period. Total revenue anticipated from this contract is estimated at approximately CDN$170 million (US$153.8 million) over 5 years. CHC has exercised its option to acquire a significant equity position in BHS. The acquisition is expected to close in the second quarter.
CHC Helicopter Corp. is the world's largest provider of helicopter
services to the global offshore oil and gas industry, with aircraft operating
in more than 30 countries around the world.
Operates 34 Offshore Rigs
Manages 10 Offshore Rigs
- Exxon, Petrobras Form Alliance To Develop Oil, Gas Projects (Dec 14)
- Natural Gas In Petrobras Pipelines Up About 23% In 2017 (Dec 05)
- Petrobras CEO Says To Discuss Refining Partnership With CNPC CEO (Nov 15)
Company: CHC Helicopter more info
- EC225LP Helicopters Grounded in UK, Norway after 13 Killed in Crash (Apr 30)
- Statoil Awards Mariner Helicopter Contract to CHC (Jun 18)
- North Sea Crash: CHC Resumes Super Puma Flights (Aug 26)