Statoil to Boost Production on Sleipner West
Vetco Aibel has been awarded a contract worth around NOK 700 million by Statoil for installation of a compressor module on the Sleipner B platform in the North Sea. The module will increase production of gas and condensate on the Sleipner West field.
Without pressure support production from this field will decrease from 2007. The main reservoir on Sleipner West is produced via the unstaffed Sleipner B wellhead platform. Gas and condensate are processed and exported from the Sleipner T gas treatment installation.
"The compressor project enhances the Sleipner area's position as an important gas producer and hub for further transportation," says Astrid Sorensen, senior vice president for the Troll/Sleipner business cluster.
"The compressor module will also speed up the gas and condensate production.
"This is not the first compressor project to be carried out on Sleipner West in order to maintain production and further develop the area. In 2004 a precompression module was installed on Sleipner T."
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Sharp Fall In Applications For Norway's Arctic Oil Permits (Dec 05)
- Statoil Greenlights $6B Flagship Arctic Oil Project (Dec 05)
- Partners to Invest in New Gas Module at Troll C Platform (Nov 07)
Company: Vetco Aibel AS more info
- Foster Wheeler Awarded Karsto Engineering Contract (Aug 30)
- Aibel Awarded FEED Study for New Ekofisk Topsides (Sep 14)
- Aibel Opens Office in Hammerfest (Jul 01)