Seadrill Wins Contract Extensions for West African Tender Rigs
Seadrill has been awarded a contract by Total for extension of the production drilling assignment for the self-erecting semi-tender rig West Menang. The contract extension has a duration of three years. The estimated contract value is approximately US $126 million. The commencement of the new contract is scheduled for January 2008, in direct continuation of the existing contract. West Menang is currently operating offshore Congo, West Africa.
The self-erecting tender rig T8 has been awarded a one year contract extension by Total. The contract is expected to commence in May 2007, in direct continuation of current contract commitments. Estimated contract value is US $31 million. Total has an option to further extend the contract by one year, at mutually agreed terms.
- Oil CEOs Jostle for Global Natgas Crown Under Putin's Gaze (Oct 04)
- Uganda Expects to Miss Target for First Oil (Sep 24)
- Total Joins Tullow-operated Block Offshore Guyana (Sep 13)
Company: Seadrill Ltd more info
- Fredriksen Is Back in Rigs After $5 Billion Vanished in Seadrill (Jul 06)
- Seadrill CEO Sees Consolidation Speeding Up Drilling Market Recovery (Jul 03)
- Seadrill Emerges From Chapter 11 Bankruptcy (Jul 02)