Total Extends Contract for Safe Caledonia for One Year
Prosafe has received an amendment to the letter of award from Total E&P UK PLC (TEPUK) and ELF EXPLORATION UK PLC (EEUK) for the provision of Safe Caledonia to support its operations in the British sector of the North Sea. Operations are expected to commence February 2007.
By the amendment, the firm period has been extended from one year to two years. The value of the two-year firm period, including mobilization and demobilization, is approximately US $104 million. In addition, Prosafe has granted a one-year option with a value of minimum US $55 million.
Long-term market prospects for accommodation and service rigs are positive, and Prosafe is, through the acquisition of Consafe Offshore, expanding capacity to serve the increasing demand.
- Norway's $24B Fund Seeing End To Losses In Oil Services (Aug 17)
- Prosafe Takes Delivery of the Safe Zephyrus Accommodation Vessel (Jan 27)
- Sembcorp Marine Delivers Accommodation Semisub Safe Zephyrus to Prosafe (Jan 19)
Company: Total S.A. more info
- Total Starts Up Antwerp Refinery And Petrochem Complex After Upgrade (Nov 30)
- Hoegh LNG: Pakistan LNG Import Project Consortium Folds (Nov 16)
- France's Total Buys Engie's LNG Business For $1.5B (Nov 08)