Statoil Granted Drilling Permit for Valkyrie Prospect
The Norwegian Petroleum Directorate has granted Statoil a drilling permit for well path 6608/11-5, according to Section 8 of the Resource Regulations.
Well path 6608/11-5 will be drilled from using the Ocean Vanguard semisub. The drilling program for well path 6608/11-5 applies to drilling of a wildcat well to the Valkyrie prospect in production license 128.
The permission presupposes that other permissions and consents required from other authorities have been granted before the drilling activity commences.
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Statoil May Build Onshore Terminal for Castberg Oil -Minister (Jan 16)
- Canadian Offshore Oil Interest Grows As Pipeline Woes Sink Alberta Prices (Dec 20)
- Sharp Fall In Applications For Norway's Arctic Oil Permits (Dec 05)
Company: Diamond Offshore more info
Manages 19 Offshore Rigs
- New Contracts Drive Diamond Offshore's Profit Beat; Shares Rise (Oct 30)
- Diamond Offshore's Profit Beats Estimates On Lower Costs (May 01)
- Offshore Drillers Still Seeking Recovery Enjoyed by Shale (Feb 07)