Vetco Signs Topsides Contract for Vincent FPSO
Maersk Contractors and Vetco Aibel have signed a contract for the design, build and start up of the topsides process and facilities modules for the Vincent FPSO. The Vincent field is located offshore Western Australia, and operated by Woodside Energy Ltd.
Again, our position as a leading supplier of complete topsides facilities to this market segment is confirmed, says R. Rasmus Sunde, president and CEO of Vetco Aibel. We are proud and honored that leading global operator Maersk shows confidence in our design and ability to deliver on a giant project like this.
The scope of work for the contract consists of process modules for crude and produced water treatment including water injection system, gas compression and treatment, power generation, utility module, flare system, pipe racks, and some minor process packages. Vetco Aibel will also be responsible for interfaces and integration between these modules, and will support Maersk Contractors in their overall integration work on the FPSO.
Vetco Aibel has been working since mid December last year under a "Letter of Intent" with FEED and basic engineering.
Some key parameters for the topside.
- Max oil production 120,000 bopd
- Max liquid 250,000 blpd
- Gas compression 100 MMSCFD
- Water Injection 230,000 bwpd
Engineering will take place in Billingstad near Oslo, Norway, in Thailand and in Singapore. Fabrication will be done in South East Asia.
Vetco Project delivery is planned for 4th quarter 2007 in line with first oil production in 2008.
Maersk Contractors intends to select a conversion yard in South East Asia.
Manages 23 Offshore Rigs
- Maersk Drilling Lays Off Dozens in GOM (Jan 23)
- Maersk to Limit Investment in Energy Businesses until Separation (Dec 13)
- Maersk Oil Begins Culzean Drilling Campaign (Sep 29)
Company: Woodside more info
Operates 3 Offshore Rigs
- Woodside To Raise $2B, Look To Offshore Gas Project For Growth (Feb 14)
- Chevron Starts LNG Output at Australia's Wheatstone (Oct 09)
- Global LNG: Faltering Supply Prompts Short-Covering Price Rally (Aug 11)
Company: Vetco Aibel AS more info
- Foster Wheeler Awarded Karsto Engineering Contract (Aug 30)
- Aibel Awarded FEED Study for New Ekofisk Topsides (Sep 14)
- Aibel Opens Office in Hammerfest (Jul 01)