Abbot Group Awarded Contract for the Songa Jupiter
Abbot Group confirms the recent announcement made by Songa Drilling A.S. that Pemex, the National Oil Company of Mexico, has awarded the jackup, Songa Jupiter, a drilling contract which will commence during the summer of 2006 with an initial duration of two years.
The contract provides for a day rate of US $145,000 together with a fee of US $2 million for the mobilization of the rig from Texas to the location in Mexican waters. In addition, Pemex will provide a substantial number of the required crews, which will substantially reduce Songa's operating costs.
Abbot Group Executive Chairman, Alasdair Locke, said:
"We are very pleased with this award which Songa has been pursuing during our recent negotiations to acquire the company. The terms of the contract are well within our day rate expectations and will bring early cash flows to the acquisition."
- Abbot Group Appoints Chief Executive Officer (Mar 24)
- First Reserve Secures Largest Private Equity Buyout of Drilling Service Co. (Dec 19)
- Abbot Group May Have Suitor (Oct 04)
Company: Songa Offshore ASA more info
- Transocean To Buy Norwegian Rig Firm Songa Offshore For $1.1B (Aug 15)
- Songa Offshore to Cut 430 Jobs Due to Ongoing Norway Oil, Gas Strikes (Sep 30)
- Songa Encourage Rig Commences 8-Year Statoil Drilling Contract (Apr 12)