RWE Dea Increases Stake in Topaz Field
RWE Dea UK has increased its stake in the Topaz field through an acquisition of a 37.5% interest in Block 49/2a in the UKCS Southern North Sea.
The Topaz field spans Blocks 49/2a and 49/1a. RWE Dea already operates Block 49/1a with 75% equity. With today's acquisition of EOG Resources' 37.5% share in Block 49/2a, RWE Dea will hold more than 50% of the Topaz field, and intend to accelerate the development.
In addition to the acquisition of the 37.5% equity in Block 49/2a, as part of the same deal, RWE Dea has also acquired 36.95% of Block 49/2b and 35% of Block 43/25a, both of which are operated by GDF Britain Ltd.
Commenting on the acquisition, RWE Dea UK Managing Director, Christoph Schlichter said: "The acquisition of this additional equity in the Topaz field provides us with a great opportunity to drive the development of the field towards first gas production in Q4 2007. We look forward to working with our partners to achieve this."
Topaz (blocks 49/1a and 49/2a) is located in the UK Southern North Sea, 15 kms South-East from Schooner. Partner in Block 49/1a is E.On Ruhrgas (25%), partners in Block 49/2a are GDF Britain Ltd (37.5%, operator) and Tullow Oil (25%).
- Grenland Group Delivers Gjoa Subsea Structures (Sep 01)
- Plexus to Supply Wellhead Systems for Mediterranean E&P Activities (Jul 20)
- ELNG Completes First Ever Health & Safety Partnership Program with GE O&G (Jul 15)
Company: Tullow Oil more info
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- UK's Tullow Oil Names New Head Of Ghana Operations (Feb 15)
- Ivory Coast Awards Tullow Two New Oil and Gas Blocks (Jan 17)
- UK's Tullow Oil Lifts Outlook On Higher Crude Prices, Output (Nov 08)
Company: RWE-DEA more info
- Sharp Fall In Applications For Norway's Arctic Oil Permits (Dec 05)
- Lundin Granted Drilling Permit in PL609 (Sep 10)
- Lundin Spuds Appraisal Well on Alta Discovery (Mar 25)
Company: E.ON more info
- Independents Go Big in North Sea (Jan 03)
- Polish Antimonopoly Office Says Nord Stream 2 Threatens Competition (Jul 22)
- Premier Oil's Shares Remain Suspended amid Proposed E.ON Deal (Jan 14)