NPD Pre-qualifies Edison SpA and Serica Energy as Licencees in Norway
Edison SpA and Serica Energy Ltd have been pre-qualified as licensees on the Norwegian continental shelf.
The Norwegian authorities have established a system for pre-qualifying both licensees and operators as a means of bringing competent new players to the Norwegian continental shelf.
Edison SpA is the oldest energy company in Italy. The company, which was founded in 1884, has participated in the production of oil and gas in Italy since 1931. The company has 2 300 employees and is the second largest supplier of electricity and the third largest supplier of gas in Italy. Edison has activities in Italy, U.K., Egypt, Algeria, Croatia, Senegal, The Ivory Coast and Iran.
Serica Energy Ltd is an independent, listet oil and gas company exploring for oil and gas in Indonesia, U.K. and Spain. The company was founded in 2004 as a result of a merger between Kyrgoil Holding Corporation and several smaller, private companies called "Petroleum Development Associates". Serica has its main office in London.
Serica has no production as of yet, but has delivered a plan for development of a discovery in Indonesia (Kambuna) with a possible start-up in 2008.
The prequalification system was established in order to provide the companies with an opportunity to have their suitability for participation on the Norwegian continental shelf evaluated prior to their spending time and money on evaluating specific business opportunities.
- Louisiana LNG Project Gains European Customer (Sep 27)
- Sources: Total-Led Consortium Bids for Greek Offshore Gas Drilling Block (Feb 05)
- Edison Looks to Sell Part of Egypt's Abu Qir Field (Jan 14)
Company: Serica Energy more info
- Erskine Field Production Start-Up Delayed (Aug 23)
- Serica Completes Acquisition of 18% Stake in North Sea Erskine Field (Jun 05)
- Sidi Moussa Well Offshore Morocco Finds Oil (Oct 20)