National Oilwell Varco Chosen to Supply Equipment for Drillship
National Oilwell Varco reports that its Norwegian subsidiary was chosen to provide a comprehensive package of drilling equipment, valued at over $200 million, for a drillship to be constructed in Korea. National Oilwell Norway AS entered into a contract with Samsung Heavy Industries Co., Ltd., which will fabricate the vessel for Ferncliff Drilling AS. The drillship is expected to be delivered in 2009. The package represents the largest single equipment package order the Company has ever received.
Pete Miller, Chairman, President and CEO of National Oilwell Varco, stated "National Oilwell Varco prides itself on continually improving the safety and efficiency of drilling operations for our customers, and we are pleased that Ferncliff Drilling and Samsung have selected our technology and systems for this highly advanced drillship. We continue to see strong demand for new drilling equipment."
National Oilwell Varco is a worldwide leader in the design,
manufacture and sale of equipment and components used in oil and gas
drilling and production operations, the provision of oilfield
services, and supply chain integration services to the upstream oil
and gas industry.
- Samsung Wins Mad Dog 2 Fabrication Contract (Jan 05)
- After 20,000 Job Cuts, World's Top Shipyards Brace for More (Oct 26)
- South Korean Yards Restructure, Trim Workforce (Sep 08)
Company: National Oilwell Varco more info
- Robotics and Automation: The Oil, Gas Skillsets of the Future (Nov 15)
- Offshore Drillers Still Seeking Recovery Enjoyed by Shale (Feb 07)
- Shale Drilling Technology to Head Overseas in Next Market Upturn (Oct 27)
Company: Ferncliff Drilling more info
- National Oilwell Varco Chosen to Supply Equipment for Drillship (May 24)
- SHI Strengthens Position in Global Drillship Market (May 03)