Murphy Oil Inks Deal for Sarawak Gas
Murphy Oil together with partner PETRONAS Carigali Sdn. Bhd., signed a Heads of Agreement with PETRONAS for the sale of natural gas from Sarawak Blocks SK 309 and SK 311 at an initial rate of 250 to 300 million cubic feet per day for a period of up to 15 years. Initial gas deliveries are scheduled for 2008 into the existing PETRONAS LNG Complex at Bintulu.
"We have been very pleased with our success in finding important natural gas resources across multiple fields on our acreage offshore Sarawak," said Claiborne P. Deming, Murphy Oil Corporation's President and Chief Executive Officer. "The signing of this agreement marks a very important milestone and is a natural precursor to the conclusion of our Gas Sales Agreement (GSA) and Field Development Plans in the very near future. Our development will include the building of a new onshore receiving facility connected to the existing LNG Complex as well as the sequential development of a number of natural gas fields tied to satisfying this GSA," he further explained.
Murphy as operator has an 85% working interest in SK 309 and SK
311. PETRONAS Carigali Sdn. Bhd. holds the remaining interest.
Operates 12 Offshore Rigs
- After Europe's Gas Market Disasters, LNG May Come to the Rescue (Dec 12)
- Petronas Unit Agrees Share Swap With Shell's Africa Operator (Dec 05)
- Malaysia's Petronas Asked To Exit Myanmar In Protest Of Rohingya Crisis (Nov 08)
Company: Murphy Oil Corporation more info
- Exxon Mobil Bets on Brazil, Buys 10 Oil Blocks in Auction (Sep 28)
- Murphy Oil CEO: Now is the Time for Deepwater to Come Back (May 02)
- Pilot Energy Inks Deal to Acquire Murphy's Stake in Permit WA-481-P Off WA (Jul 27)