Repsol Includes Hydro and OVL in Cuban Exploration Project
Repsol YPF, Hydro (Norway), OVL (India) and CUPET (Cuba) have signed an International Economic Association Contract in Havana for the exploration of six offshore blocks that are in the Exclusive Economic Zone of Cuba.
Repsol YPF -- with a 40% stake in the project -- will be the operator, while the other companies will each have 30% stakes. For its part, CUPET (Cubana de Petroleos) will maintain its rights as a State company.
With this agreement, Repsol YPF, which until now was the holder of 100% of the exploration rights in the mentioned blocks, will transfer 60% of its previous stake to Hydro and OVL in the project.
As part of the project's exploratory program, 3,000 km2 of 3D seismic is currently being realized -- which will be completed in the short term -- as well as diverse geological studies that will serve as a base to evaluate future exploratory actions.
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Sentry Petroleum Appoints Former Norsk Hydro Analyst to Board of Directors (Dec 29)
- Hydro Under Investigation for Former Libya Oil Operations (Oct 07)
- SeaBird First Contract Award for SeaBed Operations (Apr 28)
Company: Repsol more info
- Exxon Mobil Bets on Brazil, Buys 10 Oil Blocks in Auction (Sep 28)
- Repsol Says Drilling Suspended On Vietnam Oil Block Disputed By China (Aug 02)
- China Urges Halt To Oil Drilling In Disputed South China Sea (Jul 25)
Company: ONGC Videsh more info
- India's ONGC Videsh to Spend Over $3 Billion on Iran Gas Block (Apr 04)
- India Clears ONGC's Extra 11% Stake Buy in Russia's Vankor Fields (Oct 05)
- ONGC Videsh Inks Deal with Rosneft to Up Stake in Russia's Vankorneft (Sep 15)
Company: Cupet more info
- Putin: Russia's Rosneft To Explore For Offshore Oil In Cuba (Jul 11)
- Pluspetrol Spuds First '09 Well in Cabinda South Block (Nov 17)
- Lacula Farms-Out Interest to Cupet Onshore Angola (Nov 03)