IFR Plans North Sea Exploration Well
International Frontier Resources has signed agreements with Palace Exploration Company (E&P) Limited, Oilexco North Sea Limited, Gulf Shores Resources Ltd. and Eternal Energy Corporation under which Oilexco, Gulf Shores and Eternal will drill a test well to evaluate the Laurel Valley prospect located in Quad 14 in the Outer Moray Firth area of the UK North Sea. The Laurel Valley #1 well will evaluate two prospective Jurassic oil targets and the Lower Cretaceous section identified on a 255 square kilometer 3D seismic survey. Drilling costs will be funded by Oilexco 75%, Gulf Shores 12.50% and Eternal 12.50%.
Drilling operations, using the Sedco 712 rig currently under contract to Oilexco, will commence on or before December 31, 2006. After drilling, working interests in the blocks will be held Oilexco - 45.00% (operator), Palace & Challenger - 26.00%, International Frontier - 10.4375%, Eternal - 9.1875% and Gulf Shores - 9.3750%. The agreement is subject to approval of the UK Department of Trade and Industry and execution of formal farm-in agreements.
The Company also reported that a seismic review - farm-in option letter agreement has been executed covering blocks 21/8, 21/14 and 21/15b located in the Central Graben area of the North Sea. Under the agreement International Frontier, Oilexco, Gulf Shores and Eternal have until July 15, 2006 to elect to drill a farm-in well on the Quad 21 acreage held by Palace and Challenger Minerals (North Sea) Limited.
Commenting on the agreements company President, Pat Boswell, said the company is pleased to partner with Oilexco who have gained the reputation of being one of the most innovative and aggressive exploration companies in the UK sector of the North Sea. Oilexco had the foresight to contract a drilling rig under a long term arrangement when demand for rigs in the North Sea has reached record levels. Having a rig under long term contract allows Oilexco to develop any exploration successes in a timely fashion.
- Flexlife Completes Major Projects Using New Scanning Technology (Sep 15)
- Oilexco Files Eighth Default Status Report (Jul 21)
- Oil's Move Could Fuel E&P Deals (May 27)
Company: Palace Exploration Company more info
- Revus Completes Acquisition of Palace Exploration for $258 Million (Feb 28)
- Revus Completes NOK 438 Million Private Placement (Dec 14)
- Revus Acquires Palace Exploration (Dec 05)
Company: International Frontier Resources more info
- International Frontier: Northwest Territories Exploration Well Spuds (Feb 11)
- International Frontier to Drill North Sea UKCS, Anticipates 41 Million boe (Dec 20)
- Eternal Expects March Spudding for Quad 14 (Jan 24)