Wavefield Wins Idemitsu North Sea Contract
Wavefield Geophysical has been commissioned by Idemitsu Petroleum Norge AS to carry out a seismic survey in the North Sea. The project, due to commence in August and expected to take one month, will involve a 3D marine survey offshore Norway.
Located in block 35/7 (PL377 S) within the Norwegian sector of the North Sea, the 3D project will complement existing 3D seismic over parts of the license and provide improved data and better coverage. The survey will be acquired by Wavefield's Bergen Surveyor vessel, which was upgraded in April 2006 and will utilize two streamers and two sources.
The new project will be the first 3D survey for the Bergen Surveyor and adds to a growing list of surveys for the newly-formed Wavefield - recognition of its management team's extensive experience and track record in the industry.
Commenting on the award, Rick Donoghue, Wavefield's Vice President Sales and Marketing said, "This 3D project for Idemitsu, together with the Bergen Surveyor's 2D commitments for other operators this year, illustrates the flexibility of the vessel as a 2D/3D unit which meets a market need for high-quality long offset 2D and efficient, detailed 3D acquisition."
- OMV Says Wisting Arctic Discovery May Exceed 1B Barrels (Nov 17)
- Tullow Oil: Discovery Made in Cara Prospect Offshore Norway (Sep 16)
- Aker Secures FEED Deal from Idemitsu for Blocks 05-1b, 05-1c Off Vietnam (Jul 12)
Company: Wavefield Geophysical more info
- Wavefield, Geotrace Wrap Massive 3D Processing for Marathon (Jun 25)
- Wavefield Brings Geowave Champion into Operation (Jun 13)
- Wavefield Geophysical and Inseis Announce Merger (Jun 12)