Manati Development Well Encounters Gas
Drilling of the Manati development well #1 has now been concluded and the Logs indicate a gas reservoir with the thickest continuous gross pay drilled to date in a single well in Brazil.
The logs show a gross pay of 327 meters in the Sergi formation, of which around 80% is considered net pay. This represents 140 meters more compared with the discovery well and is very encouraging in respect to the recoverable reserves in the Manati field. In addition this well encountered 15 meters of gross pay in the Rio das Contas Formation above the main reservoir. This secondary reservoir is not included in the present Company reserve report. The remaining 6 development wells could however still show a different field-wide picture.
The Partners decided to cut 9 cores inside the Sergi reservoir to better evaluate physical parameters. This and the rig performance have delayed the drilling of this first well.
On the second Manati development well the Operator encountered a hole stability problems and a side track is presently in progress.
An important milestone was reached on May 9th as the main production module was successfully mated with the offshore jacket previously installed on the field.
Overall, the Manati development project is proceeding to accomplish a 3Q 2006 production start-up.
Partners in Manati are Queiroz Galvao Perfuracoes with 55%; Petrobras with 35% and Norse Energy with 10%.
Operates 35 Offshore Rigs
Manages 13 Offshore Rigs
- Exxon, Petrobras Form Alliance To Develop Oil, Gas Projects (Dec 14)
- Natural Gas In Petrobras Pipelines Up About 23% In 2017 (Dec 05)
- Petrobras CEO Says To Discuss Refining Partnership With CNPC CEO (Nov 15)
Company: Queiroz Galvao more info
Manages 2 Offshore Rigs
- Karoon Contracts Olinda Star Semisub for Drilling in Brazil's Santos Basin (Dec 24)
- QGEP Says Brazil Manati Field Holds 477 Bcf of Gas (Aug 13)
- Mayor: Petrobras Close to Suspending Contract for Two Platforms (Jun 09)
Company: Norse Energy more info
- Norse Set to Sell New York Assets (Jun 20)
- New York Landowners Sue Norse Energy USA Over Leases (May 20)
- Norse Energy Sees Increase in Reserves, Resources (Feb 21)