Tetra Technologies to Decommission Downed Pioneer Platform
Tetra Technologies has been awarded a contract by Pioneer Natural Resources to perform well abandonment and decommissioning on its downed platform on East Cameron 322.
Geoffrey M. Hertel, President and Chief Executive Officer, stated, "TETRA will utilize a leased dynamically-positioned ship as the primary platform for this work. It is anticipated that the vessel will be on location in late June and that work will progress into 2007. This will constitute TETRA's fifth 'spread' of equipment and personnel that will be working on destroyed platforms or performing routine well abandonment and decommissioning in the Gulf of Mexico," concluded Hertel.
TETRA is an oil and gas services company, including an integrated calcium chloride and brominated products manufacturing operation that supplies feedstocks to energy markets, as well as other markets.
- Permian's Mammoth Cubes Herald Supersized Future for Shale (Feb 22)
- Big Shale Turns OPEC Ally From Foe With Focus on Oil Returns (Dec 04)
- Pioneer Natural 3Q Adjusted Profit Beats Expectations (Nov 01)
Company: TETRA Technologies, Inc. more info
- GOM Fact Finding Trip for Decom North Sea (Jan 22)
- TETRA Reports 2010 Earnings Guidance (Jan 05)
- TETRA Signs Oilfield Services Contract with Petrobras (Jun 04)