Petrobras Awards PGS Three-Year Seismic Contract
PGS Suporte Logistico e Servicos Ltda (Petroleum Geo-Services Data Processing) in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, has been awarded a three year contract by Petrobras to process a minimum 14,000 square kilometers of 2D and 3D seismic data. Processing of the data will commence in 2006.
PGS opened its Data Processing office in Rio de Janeiro in May 2004 increasing its long term commitment to the Brazilian E&P market as a provider of leading edge seismic solutions and has recently doubled the processing capacity at the center to over 12Tflps.
"Our compute expansion is testament to PGS' long term commitment to the Brazilian E&P industry. Petrobras represents a very important customer for us, and we are delighted to have secured this long term contract with them", says Nathan Oliver, Vice President Data Processing North and South America.
"PGS has shown tremendous commitment to Brazil having operated locally for many years and presently has the largest privately owned Data Processing Centre in the country. The award of this contract to PGS Suporte Logistico e Servicos Ltda is a direct result of their unique technology portfolio and long-standing history of continuous effort in providing seismic solutions tailored to Petrobras E&P needs", quoted Ricardo Rosa, Head of Geophysical Technology group from Petrobras.
Operates 35 Offshore Rigs
Manages 13 Offshore Rigs
- Exxon, Petrobras Form Alliance To Develop Oil, Gas Projects (Dec 14)
- Natural Gas In Petrobras Pipelines Up About 23% In 2017 (Dec 05)
- Petrobras CEO Says To Discuss Refining Partnership With CNPC CEO (Nov 15)
Company: PGS more info
- Eni Bets Big on Zohr Explorer Finding New Treasure (Oct 06)
- PGS Raises Funds Through Private Placement (Nov 23)
- PGS: Improving Sentiment in Offshore Seismic Market (Jul 21)