Dominion Begins Production at Rigel & 17 Hands
Dominion Exploration and Production has begun production from the Rigel and Seventeen Hands fields, located about 120 miles southeast of New Orleans in the deep waters of Mississippi Canyon Blocks 296 and 299, respectively. The Rigel field is in 5,200 feet and the Seventeen Hands field is in 5,800 feet of water.
"Rigel and Seventeen Hands are examples of Dominion's diverse offshore operations," said Duane Radtke, president and CEO of Dominion E&P. "These fields will add to our increasing natural gas production from the Gulf of Mexico."
Both fields are operated by Dominion and employ subsea tiebacks to pre-existing infrastructure owned by Chevron.
"We are very appreciative of Chevron's work in repairing hurricane damage to the host platform, Viosca Knoll 900," said Kevin Guilbeau, senior vice president and general manager of Dominion E&P's offshore business unit. "Now that superstructure is restored and the tiebacks are complete, we are able to commence production from these highly porous and permeable reservoirs."
The combined design rate for the two fields is 160 million cubic feet of gas per day (mmcfd). Dominion operates both fields and owns 53 percent of Rigel and 38 percent of Seventeen Hands. Dominion's partners in Rigel are Mariner Energy and Newfield Exploration. Seventeen Hands partners are Murphy Oil Corporation and Hydro Gulf of Mexico LLC.
- Dominion Hub III Project Seeking Binding Precedent (Jan 08)
- 2007 Mr. Spindletop Retires: Dominion Bids Farewell to Radtke (Jan 04)
- Dominion Closes Sale on its E&P Mid-Continent Properties (Aug 31)
Company: Newfield Exploration Company more info
- Big Shale Turns OPEC Ally From Foe With Focus on Oil Returns (Dec 04)
- Shale Drillers Show Few Signs of Slowing as Profits Expand (Aug 02)
- $2 Billion Gulfport Buy Shows Drillers Thirsting for Next Play (Dec 15)
Company: Mariner Energy more info
- BOEMRE Deems Heater-Treater Cause of Vermilion Fire (May 25)
- Apache Releases Earnings Consideration Elections (Nov 15)
- Apache Finalizes $800MM Merger with Mariner (Nov 10)
Company: Murphy Oil Corporation more info
- Exxon Mobil Bets on Brazil, Buys 10 Oil Blocks in Auction (Sep 28)
- Murphy Oil CEO: Now is the Time for Deepwater to Come Back (May 02)
- Pilot Energy Inks Deal to Acquire Murphy's Stake in Permit WA-481-P Off WA (Jul 27)
Company: Hydro Gulf of Mexico more info
- First Subsea to Supply 12 Ballgrab SMCs for Thunder Hawk FPU (Feb 15)
- Dominion Begins Production at Rigel & 17 Hands (May 15)
- Production Starts at Noble Energy's Lorien Field (May 09)