Cobalt Hires Fugro Robertson for Regional Integrated Modeling
Houston based Fugro Robertson Inc. (formerly Fugro LCT) has been awarded a contract for regional high-resolution gravity and bathymetry from Cobalt International Energy, L.P., also of Houston.
Included in the contract is a regional integrated 3D modeling component for the integration of seismic, gravity, bathymetry, and well data into a detailed multi disciplinary geological model. According to James Painter, Executive Vice President of Exploration for Cobalt, ''It has been our experience that the addition of a 3D gravity model to the work flow in a 3D pre-stack depth migration is a cost-effective risk reduction strategy, and will represent an important part of our exploration program''.
The program will cover several protraction areas in the US Gulf of Mexico, and is scheduled for completion in Q4 of this year.
- Fugro to Cut Hundreds of Jobs, Sell APAC Business Unit due to Oil Glut (Aug 04)
- Fugro Completes Data Acquisition Program Offshore Western Ghana (Aug 03)
- ONGC Boosts Operations Off India Via New, Expanded Deals Worth $60M (Jul 18)
Company: Cobalt International more info
- US Oil Firm Cobalt Files For Arbitration Against Angola For $2B (May 12)
- US Firm Cobalt Threatens Arbitration Over Angolan Oil Assets (Apr 03)
- Cobalt Encouraged by North Platte Appraisal Results (Jan 04)