ENI Awarded Stake in Block 15 Offshore Angola
ENI was awarded a 35% operating stake in Angola's deepwater Block 15 state-owned oil company Sonangol said on Tuesday. The Sonangol-Sinopec JV also won a 35% stake in the block as well.
Angola is sub-Saharan Africa's second largest crude producer after Nigeria, pumping 1,4-million barrels a day (bpd) and plans to increase production to 2 million bpd by 2008 with the help of billions of dollars of foreign investment.
Sonangol has previously said block 15 has up to 10.4-billion barrels of potential oil reserves.
Irish-based Tullow Oil and Gas Exploration won a 50% stake in shallow water Block 1, while US-based Vaalco Energy won a 40% stake in Block 5.
Brazil's state-owned Petrobras won a 40% stake in Block 6 and 80% in Block 26.
Operates 33 Offshore Rigs
Manages 6 Offshore Rigs
- Petrobras To Invest 137 Million Reais Iin Sao Paulo Refinery (Mar 08)
- Petrobras Chief Says US Refinery Sale Ongoing, No Plans To Build Elsewhere (Mar 05)
- Petrobras to Sell Pasadena, Texas, Refinery (Feb 06)
Company: ENI more info
Operates 12 Offshore Rigs
- Eni Promises Richer Returns After Exploration Success (Mar 16)
- Egypt's Potential Gas Surplus Could Feed Global LNG Glut (Feb 20)
- Egypt With Eni to Fast-Track Zohr Gas Output, Minister Says (Jan 31)
Company: Sinopec more info
- China's Domestic LNG Plants Reopen After Shutdowns As Heating Crisis Eases (Feb 28)
- Lead a Chinese Oil Giant and Get a Fraction of Your Peers' Pay (Dec 27)
- Report: Quarter Of Oil Refineries Risk Closure Under Climate Goals (Nov 02)
Company: Tullow Oil more info
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- UK's Tullow Oil Names New Head Of Ghana Operations (Feb 15)
- Ivory Coast Awards Tullow Two New Oil and Gas Blocks (Jan 17)
- UK's Tullow Oil Lifts Outlook On Higher Crude Prices, Output (Nov 08)
Company: Sonangol more info
- Buyers Eye Sinopec's Argentina Oil Assets in Sale Worth Up to $1B - Sources (Oct 09)
- US Oil Firm Cobalt Files For Arbitration Against Angola For $2B (May 12)
- US Firm Cobalt Threatens Arbitration Over Angolan Oil Assets (Apr 03)
Company: VAALCO Energy, Inc. more info
- VAALCO Agrees to Acquire Sojitz's Stake in Etame Marin Permit Off Gabon (Aug 02)
- VAALCO Updates on Operations at Etame Marin Block Offshore Gabon (Oct 13)
- First Oil Flows from the North Tchibala Field Offshore Gabon (Sep 17)