Statoil to Upgrade Sleipner B
Statoil ASA has secured consent to carry out major modifications of Sleipner B.
The consent decision applies to installation of a compressor modules, as well as modifications of the existing process facilities and auxiliary systems on the facility. The PSA's decision also encompasses operation of Sleipner B with the new compressor solution, within the framework of the assumptions for the existing consent to use this facility.
The purpose of installing a new compressor on Sleipner B is to increase and accelerate recovery from the reservoir.
Construction work on the module is expected to start in May 2007, with offshore mobilization planned for May 2008. The plan calls for start-up of the new compressor on October 1, 2008.
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Sharp Fall In Applications For Norway's Arctic Oil Permits (Dec 05)
- Statoil Greenlights $6B Flagship Arctic Oil Project (Dec 05)
- Partners to Invest in New Gas Module at Troll C Platform (Nov 07)
Company: Norwegian Petroleum Directorate more info
- NPD Grants Lundin Permit for Appraisal Well Offshore Norway (Jan 20)
- Aker BP Makes North Sea Find (Dec 23)
- Norwegian Production Rises (Dec 21)