Toreador Resources Successfully Tests Turkish Well
Toreador Resources, has completed testing of the Akkaya-2 development well offshore Turkey in the Black Sea and will shortly commence testing operations on the Akkaya-3 development well. These two wells were drilled in sequence from the Saturn jackup during March and April of this year.
The Akkaya-2 development well tested 6.2 million cubic feet per day of dry gas through a 32/64" choke at a flowing wellhead pressure of 1,077psi. The production test was from two zones totaling approximately 16 meters out of 21 meters of net pay, and confirms the commercial potential of the well.
The Akkaya-3 development well encountered approximately 23 meters of net pay in three separate zones in line with expectations, and will be tested as soon as operations on the Akkaya-2 well are finished.
The Bayhanli-1 exploratory well, which was spudded during the second week
in April, using the Prometeu jackup, is expected to reach total depth
in the near future. The well is testing a prospect to the east of the Dogu
Ayazli structure located along the same thrust fault trend in the South
Akcakoca Sub-basin project area.
- ZaZa, Toreador Finalize Merger (Feb 22)
- Toreador to Kick-Off French Shale Section Exploration (Oct 24)
- Toreador Comments on France's Fracking-Ban (Jul 06)
Company: Stratic Energy more info
- EnQuest Commences Drilling at West Don Field (Aug 09)
- EnQuest Increases Reserves in North Sea with Stratic Acquisition (Aug 03)
- Stratic Highlights 1Q10 Financial, Operational Results (May 28)