DNV Signs Worldwide Agreement with Transocean
DNV has signed a worldwide agreement with a subsidiary of Transocean Inc., the world's largest offshore drilling contractor. The agreement covers classification and statutory services for 26 Transocean mobile offshore drilling rigs that are DNV-classed. This number includes semi-submersibles, drillships and jackup units.
The agreement was signed at Transocean's Greenway Plaza headquarters by Jean Cahuzac, Transocean's Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer, and Craig Colby, DNV Regional Manager for North America & West Africa.
Craig Colby said "This alliance further strengthens the long relationship between Transocean and DNV worldwide and provides a framework for efficient management and consistent delivery, thereby assisting Transocean in maintaining the quality of its fleet".
The agreement, valid for five years, will be managed from DNV's Offshore Service Center in Houston, which is one of DNV's principal hubs for servicing the oil and gas industry.
Recently, Transocean also contracted DNV to provide classification and statutory certification services for the newly ordered drillship Discoverer Clear Leader, which will be built by DSME in Korea.
DNV is the leading class society when it comes to mobile offshore drilling units. At the moment 14 drillships and semisubmersibles are on order to DNV class – equal to 56% of the global newbuilding orderbook.
Manages 46 Offshore Rigs
- Oil's Biggest Rigs Headed to Junkyard as Daily Losses Mount (Oct 18)
- Transocean To Buy Norwegian Rig Firm Songa Offshore For $1.1B (Aug 15)
- Borr Drilling Signs Deal With Transocean to Buy 15 Rigs (Mar 20)
Company: Det Norske Veritas (DNV) more info
- DNV Wins Verification Services Contract with Wintershall (Jan 29)
- DNV GL Merger Gets Clearance from Competition Authorities (Sep 12)
- DNV Breaks Ground for New Laboratory in Singapore (Jul 01)