RWE-Dea Reaches Milestone on Cavendish Development
RWE Dea UK has completed a major milestone in the Cavendish gas field development, with the load out to barge of the newly constructed production platform.
The Cavendish gas field is located in the UK Southern Gas Basin in the RWE Dea operated Block 43/19a. The platform has been built at the Heerema Fabrication facilities in The Netherlands and is a six slot mini-mum facilities design.
Gas production will be initially treated at the platform and then pumped via a new 10 inch diameter, 45km long pipeline to the Caister Murdoch System for onward transportation to the Theddlethorpe Gas Terminal in the UK.
The Cavendish project commenced in July 2005 and first production is planned for the fourth quarter of 2006.
Commenting on the platform load out, RWE Dea UK Managing Director, Christoph Schlichter said: "The platform load out is a major milestone for the project. Along with our partners, we are delighted that the Cavendish field development is progressing so well and are on track for our planned first production in the fourth quarter of 2006."
RWE Dea (UK) Ltd operates the Cavendish field with a 50% equity, along with partners GDF Britain Ltd (25%) and Dana Petroleum (25%).
The Cavendish field is predominantly located in Block 43/19a, some 140km north-east of Easington on the Lincolnshire coast and 180km north of Bacton on the Norfolk coast. The water depth of the field is approximately 18.5 meters.
Main contracts awarded on the Cavendish development include Heerema Vlissingen B.V for the minimum facilities platform, Microperi Srl for the platform and pipeline installation, and Noble Asset (UK) Ltd for the drilling.
- Grenland Group Delivers Gjoa Subsea Structures (Sep 01)
- Plexus to Supply Wellhead Systems for Mediterranean E&P Activities (Jul 20)
- ELNG Completes First Ever Health & Safety Partnership Program with GE O&G (Jul 15)
Company: Dana Petroleum more info
- Independents Go Big in North Sea (Jan 03)
- Dana Petroleum Raises Concerns Over EnQuest North Sea Discovery (Jul 05)
- SDX Energy Quits Cameroon Concession In 'Sensible' Move (Jun 16)
Company: RWE-DEA more info
- Sharp Fall In Applications For Norway's Arctic Oil Permits (Dec 05)
- Lundin Granted Drilling Permit in PL609 (Sep 10)
- Lundin Spuds Appraisal Well on Alta Discovery (Mar 25)