Roc Oil Commences Production at Cliff Head
ROC Oil reports that production has commenced at the Cliff Head Oil Field located in the Perth the Perth Basin, offshore Western Australia.
First production commenced from the near vertical CH-6 well at an initial controlled clean-up rate of approximately 1,000 barrels of oil per day ("BOPD"). Field production rates are expected to increase to greater than 10,000 BOPD as the five other designated oil producers, including four horizontal wells, are brought on stream during the next several weeks.
The produced oil is transported via a 14 km pipeline to the onshore Arrowsmith Stabilization Plant from where it will be trucked to the new BP Crude Oil Unloading Facility at Kwinana, which was purpose-built to handle oil deliveries from the Cliff Head Oil Field.
Commenting on the commencement of oil production at Cliff Head, ROC’s Chief Executive Officer, John Doran said:
"First oil production from Cliff Head, achieved within 14 months of the Joint Venture deciding to develop the field is an obvious landmark for all concerned. For ROC, it will be a further revenue boost, particularly given current oil prices.
This full cycle project, running from discovery to production, represents a number of "firsts" for the Australian oil industry. However, ROC's current focus is not on statistical niceties as much as completing the other wells and bringing them on stream. In this sense, first oil from Cliff Head is more like another day at the office rather than an end in itself".
The Cliff Head Joint Venture particpants are Roc Oil as operator with 37.5%; AWE Oil with 27.5%; Wandoo Petroleum with 24%; ARC with 6% and CIECO Exploration & Production with 5%.
- Santos Names Roc Oil CEO Anthony Neilson as CFO to Replace Andrew Seaton (Sep 19)
- SapuraKencana Clinches $72M of Work in Malaysia, India & Cote d'Ivoire (Dec 08)
- Faroe Completes Roc Oil Acquisition (Nov 06)
Company: Arc Energy more info
- Jingemia 12 Development Well Cased, Completed as Oil Producer (Aug 13)
- ARC Energy Trust Announces Cash Distribution Amount for June (May 15)
- Rheochem to Provide Drilling Services Onshore Western Australia (Dec 03)
Company: Australian Worldwide Exploration (AWE) more info
- Waitsia Gas Project Exceeds Pre-Production Expectations (Dec 22)
- Waitsia JV Approves 2017 Development Activities Budget (Dec 09)
- AWE Commences Gas Sales from Stage 1 of Waitsia Gas Project in Perth Basin (Aug 29)
Company: Wandoo Petroleum more info
- Empyrean: Gas Zone Drilled in Project Margarita Well (Jun 21)
- Empyrean: Record Rains, Flooding Delay Shallow Drilling at Margarita (Jun 05)
- BassGas JV Welcomes Arbitrator's Decision on Clough Dispute (Jun 04)