Kinder Morgan Extends BJ's Pigging Contract
BJ Pipeline Inspection Services has been awarded a two-year contract extension by Kinder Morgan Canada, formerly Terasen Pipelines, to provide in-line inspection services.
This contract extension follows the successful completion of the initial three-year agreement between Terasen and BJ since 2003. Under that agreement, BJ has inspected more than 4,500 kilometers of pipeline for Terasen/Kinder Morgan Canada, ranging from NPS 12 to NPS 30 in Canada and the U.S. BJ will inspecting more than 2,000 kilometers of Kinder Morgan Canada's system over the next two years.
BJ will continue using its fleet of in-line inspection systems, including the GEOPIG™ mechanical caliper and VECTRA™ MFL (magnetic flux leakage) tools.
"BJ's software capabilities and reporting deliverables have been instrumental in helping us make changes to some of our integrity management program practices," said Hugh Harden, Kinder Morgan Canada's vice president of operations. "We have also driven a number of significant changes to BJ's service deliverables. The BJ-Kinder Morgan Canada relationship has resulted in mutually beneficial results, and we look forward to more of the same over the next few years."
BJ designs and manufactures all of its pipeline inspection equipment, and mobilizes its equipment and personnel from its inspection headquarters in Calgary, Alberta, Canada.
- Kinder Morgan, DCP, Targa Decide on Gulf Coast Express (Dec 21)
- Kinder Morgan Canada Rises Most Since IPO on Pipeline Decision (Dec 08)
- Kinder Morgan Canada Wins Appeal On Trans Mountain Expansion (Dec 07)
Company: BJ Services Company more info
- Baker Hughes Closes BJ Services Acquisition (Apr 29)
- Baker Hughes, BJ Services Reach Final Agreement with DOJ (Apr 27)
- BJ Services Gets to Work on Casablanca Platform (Apr 09)