Total Finds Oil in the Gulf of Mexico
Total has successfully drilled its Alaminos Canyon Block 856 No. 1 well in the Gulf of Mexico. The block is located approximately 140 miles east of the Texas coast.
Drilled in 7,600 feet of water to a total depth of 14,600 feet, the well encountered approximately 290 feet of pay in two oil-bearing zones. An appraisal well will be drilled to further assess the extent of the accumulation. The well was drilled by the Stena Tay semisub.
Total E&P USA, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Total S.A., is the operator with a 70-percent interest. Nexen Inc. holds the remaining 30 percent.
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Alberta Regulators Charge Nexen Energy Over 2015 Pipeline Spill (Jul 06)
- Cenovus Drops Most Ever as $13.3 Billion Deal Ramps Up Risks (Mar 30)
- UKCS Oil, Gas Extraction Drops 10% (Dec 08)
Company: Total S.A. more info
- Total Starts Up Antwerp Refinery And Petrochem Complex After Upgrade (Nov 30)
- Hoegh LNG: Pakistan LNG Import Project Consortium Folds (Nov 16)
- France's Total Buys Engie's LNG Business For $1.5B (Nov 08)
Company: Stena Drilling more info
Manages 7 Offshore Rigs
- Norway Rig Workers Agree Wage Deal, Avoid Strike (Jun 25)
- Statoil Takes $350M Hit on Angola Exploration Halt (Nov 21)
- 3Legs Sells its Last Polish Shale Gas Concessions (Nov 05)