Gold Oil Gets Approval for Peru E&P License
Gold Oil reports that Peru's Ministry of Energy and Mines approved the Exploration and Production License entered into between Gold Oil and PeruPetro (the State Oil company of Peru), for Block XXI, onshore Peru and announced in January 2006.
Gold Oil initialized the contract with PeruPetro in December 2005 and. approval by the Ministry of Energy and Mines now allows the Company to commence drilling on Block XXI. All equipment for the first well, San Alberto 1X, has been ordered and Gold expects to finalise an agreement with a Peruvian drilling contractor to spud San Alberto-1X at the beginning of June at an AFE cost of US$1.3 million.
Colombia Block 21
The Company says that preparation work is progressing well on
the Nancy-3 wellsite and that the operator expects to start workover operations
around May 5th.
- Gold Oil In Talks for Partner Offshore Peru (May 08)
- Gold Oil Granted License Extension in Peru (Jan 30)
- Gold Oil Extends Survey, Seeks Farm-In Candidates Offshore Peru (Jul 11)
Company: Perupetro more info
- Peru Says Will Cut Royalties In Current Oil Contracts By July (Feb 03)
- Peru To Cut Oil, Gas Royalties To 5% To Counter Price Slump (Nov 11)
- Government: Peru's Biggest Oil Block Fails to Receive Any Bids (Aug 05)