Roc Oil Preparing to Spud Well in Beibu Gulf
The COSL 931 jackup rig is scheduled to head to Block 22/12 this week. The spud date for the 6-12 South exploration well will be around April 23, 2006.
The proposed well will test the 6-12 South Prospect (21 million barrels mean recoverable reserve potential) which is part of a cluster of prospects currently estimated to have an aggregate unrisked mean recoverable reserve potential in the order of 60 to 70 million barrels. The prospect is supported by 3D seismic and amplitude and AVO anomalies.
In the event of a commercial development within Block 22/12, the interests held by the current joint venturers may reduce on a pro-rata basis by up to 51% assuming that the CNOOC exercises its right to participate up to a 51% equity level in the development.
Block 22/12 is situated approximately 60 km off the coast of China, northwest of Hainan Island, and covers an area of 456 sq km (less relinquished area). Water depths are shallow ranging from, approximately, 10 meters to 40 meters. Within the Block there are several undeveloped oil accumulations. The Block is supported by good infrastructure and lies adjacent to the 12/1-1 Oil Field. A pipeline to the Weizhou Island Oil Terminal, 10 km to the north, passes within 5 km. Block 22/12 is covered by 421 sq km 3D seismic acquired during 2002.
Participants are Roc Oil as operator with 40%; Horizon Oil Limited with 30%; Petsec Petroleum Inc with 25%; and Oil Australia Pty Ltd (subsidiary of First Australian Resources Limited ) with 5%.
- Santos Names Roc Oil CEO Anthony Neilson as CFO to Replace Andrew Seaton (Sep 19)
- SapuraKencana Clinches $72M of Work in Malaysia, India & Cote d'Ivoire (Dec 08)
- Faroe Completes Roc Oil Acquisition (Nov 06)
Company: Petsec Energy more info
- Petsec Energy Reports Higher Reserves at An Nagyah Oilfield in Yemen (Mar 15)
- Petsec Energy Acquires 100% Stake in Damis Production License (Feb 05)
- Petsec Energy Completes Acquisition of 29.75% Stake in Yemen's Block 7 (Oct 01)
Company: Horizon Oil more info
- Drilling Commences at WZ 12-8W-A6P1 Appraisal Well in China's Beibu Gulf (Nov 17)
- Ensco 107 Prepares to Demobilize from Maari Field Offshore New Zealand (Jul 07)
- OMV Successfully Completes Maari Redevelopment Project Off New Zealand (Jul 02)
Company: First Australian Resources more info
- Senegal Grants Extension on FAR's Offshore Blocks (Dec 04)
- FAR Receives Extension on Offshore Senegal Blocks (Nov 13)
- FAR Updates on Offshore Senegal Exploration Activities (Sep 21)