Dril-Quip Starts Up Second Multiplex Subsea Control System
Dril-Quip reports the successful installation and start-up of its second subsea control system, a "fiber optic" multiplex system that controls a satellite Dril-Quip subsea tree. The control system and subsea tree were designed and manufactured by Dril-Quip at its Houston operations.
The subsea control system and subsea tree were supplied to ATP Oil & Gas Corporation for operation in the Dutch sector of the North Sea. This was the second installation of a Dril-Quip Multiplex Subsea Control System and the first installation of Dril-Quip's fiber optic system, further enhancing the Company's emergence into the high-tech subsea control systems market. Dril-Quip has received orders from ATP for an additional subsea control system, a subsea manifold system and subsea trees to be installed in the Gulf of Mexico for the ATP Gomez Development.
With the successful field installation of these products, Dril-Quip is
positioning itself to participate in large-scale integrated offshore
- Lessons from ATP Bankruptcy There for Those Who Listen (Jun 30)
- Cosco Discontinues Octabuoy Hull and Topside Module Project (Jan 12)
- Cosco Reveals Buying Interest for Octabuoy Hull and Topside Module (Jul 23)
Company: Dril-Quip, Inc. more info
- Oilfield Rush to High-Tech Helps Smaller Companies Thrive (Jul 27)
- Dril-Quip Awarded Supply Contract Offshore Malaysia (Mar 13)
- Dril-Quip 'Well Positioned' for Deepwater E&P Growth (Aug 23)