Apache Logs Pay with Zephyrus-1 Exploration Well
Tap Oil reports that the Zephyrus-1 well, located approximately 2.5km south east of the Agincourt platform, has drilled to a planned total depth of 3,720 meters. The well encountered a 9 meter gross oil column in excellent quality Double Island Sandstone. The well is being cased and completed for production from the Agincourt Platform.
The Zephyrus-1 exploration well was drilled from the existing Agincourt Platform as a deviated well. The well discovered oil in a small four-way dip closed depositional mound. Tap estimates the initial well production rate, commencing early next week via the Varanus Production Hub, to be around 4,000 BOPD.
TL 1,5,6,8,9 Joint Venture participants are Tap (Harriet) Pty Ltd with 12.2229%; Apache Northwest Pty Ltd as operator with 68.5%; and Kufpec Australia Pty Ltd with 19.2771%.
Operates 3 Offshore Rigs
- Ancala Acquires Apache's Two North Sea Gas Pipeline Assets (Nov 20)
- Apache Raises North America Output Forecast, Swings To Profit (May 04)
- Oil Producer Apache Posts Smaller-Than-Expected Loss (Nov 03)
Company: Tap Oil more info
- Mubadala Completes Drilling MNA-17 Well in the Manora Field Off Thailand (Sep 16)
- Quadrant Fails to Find Hydrocarbons at Driftwood-1 Well in Carnarvon Basin (Aug 16)
- Quadrant Spuds Driftwood-1 Well in Permit WA-320-P in Carnarvon Basin (Aug 02)
Company: Kuwait Foreign Petroleum Exploration Co. (KUFPEC) more info
- Shell Cancels Sale Of Thai Gas Field Stakes To Kuwait's KUFPEC (Oct 04)
- PETRONAS Awards SK410B PSC Offshore Malaysia to PTTEP-led JV (Jul 22)
- Chevron Signs Up Australia's Alinta To Buy Gas From Wheatstone (Apr 19)