Sime Engineering Garners Offshore Qatar Job
Qatar Petroleum has awarded Sime Darby Engineering (SDE) a QR946-million (US$260-million) contract for work related to its Bull Hanine and Maydan Mahzan fields in the Persian Gulf.
SDE, a subsidiary of Sime Engineering Serives, will engineer, procure, fabricate, install, and hook-up and commission the BH-DO5, BH-MO4 and BH-IO3 wellhead jackets and topsides, pipelines, tie-ins, and miscellaneous flow lines. The contract also calls for SDE to modify the existing platforms.
Sime Engineering expects the 28-month contract to have a positive effect on its earnings and net assets for the financial years ending June 30, 2006 to 2008.
In a written statement, Sime noted that none of the company's directors, substantial shareholders, or persons connected to them has any interest, direct or indirect, in the award of the contract.
- ABB Wins $26M Contract in Qatar (May 14)
- Sime Engineering Services Wins Work Offshore Qatar (Feb 09)
- Sime Engineering Wins Talisman Contract (Jul 27)
Company: Qatar Petroleum more info
- Hoegh LNG: Pakistan LNG Import Project Consortium Folds (Nov 16)
- Qatar Says It's Fulfilling Oil and Gas Deals Despite Gulf Crisis (Sep 13)
- Cyprus Says to Push Ahead with Energy Plans Despite Challenges (Jun 29)